Tuesday 8 July 2008

Psalm 2 - Marcus

Hey folks, I know this one is a bit overdue. Was somewhat overtaken by events over the weekend so couldn't get this up till now. Anyway, my brief thoughts on Psalm 2:

God is a God of Power and Might. He has the power to give and the power to take. He also loves his children - so much so that He has made the world their inheritance if they so choose it. He has a plan for the world, and He has already installed the King of Kings in the place of power and sovereignty over all the earth.

I am reminded not to take Him for granted - to be like the rulers of the earth who serve Him with fear and rejoice with trembling. What an image! But I am reminded that I should not take His Character for granted, that He is everything the Bible says He is. And if He so deigns to give me the world as my inheritance, I should live a life that expresses a worthy response to God's first act of love, salvation and blessing.

1 comment:

History Maker said...

God is a God of Power and Might. He has the power to give and the power to take.

WOW! in less than 1 week, I'm 'shot' by this statement..... and I think He speaks thru my heart.

He give and take away.... as stated in Job. thx for posting.