Monday 11 August 2008

Reflections on Psalms 4

Thoughts:

1) v1 : Even King David laments and complains to God, Reminds me that its fine to be real to God.

2) v5:  Study Bible says that to God, our attitude of submission and obedience is more important than the actual sacrifice. Reminds me that there is more to "doing and serving".

3) v6 - 7: These verses remind me that trusting in the Lord is the key to joy. Many times, I worry and think too much of things around, career, future, house, etc. Trusting in the Lord yields a joy that is "greater" than "that of the world". The former is dependent on God, who is never changing and perfect, whilst the latter is dependent on the "grain and new wine" which is temporal. v7 - God alone makes us dwell in safety, this reminds me of God's sovereignty and that He is truly in control.

Olie

No comments: