Wednesday 31 January 2007

Supernaturally...

Dear beautiful people,

My appreciation and thanks to those who served at Healing service on Sunday night. Was quite an experience yah? Especially for Evie, Justin, Sarah and me! Haaa... for those who weren't there, here's the story.

I led worship at the Sunday evening healing service with some of us youth worship ministry people. Before Joan Hunter ministered, her husband Kelley came up and gave a word for our church. [We're in the midst of transcribing it. When it's done, I will email to all of us as it's important for us to hear what the Lord's saying to our church].

After that, Joan started to pray for the sick and she asked a few of us "from the worship team" to go up to stage. Not knowing what we were getting ourselves into, Evie, Justin and I went up. Then Joan asked us to pray for those who came up with back pain. It was quite scary, to say the least.

I was up first. I held on to the feet of the woman needing prayer. I just did and said whatever Joan Hunter asked me to. And for the first time in my life, I saw a person's leg grow after I prayed for her. WOW! I was amazed! I mean, I've seen it happen before, but not when I prayed! The leg literally grew by about an inch! I was quite overwhelmed by God's power.

Next up were Evie and Justin. The problems got progressively worse. I could see Evie and Justin trembling, but it was great fun to see God working in and through us to heal. Later on, Sarah went up and it was an even more serious case. However we believe God touched and healed the sick.

This experience really renewed and recharged my faith. I loved the way Joan Hunter taught about God's healing power. It was so simple, straightforward and refreshing. And the evidence was so clear! Hands and legs were growing like crazy over the weekend!

For those of us who attended the Ministry Workers and Leaders meeting last week, you would have heard Ps Derek share that we are to "contend for the things of the supernatural". What does that mean? It means we will stand for and press in for the things of God, the supernatural, the things of the Spirit. And Ps Derek has always shared with me that he really believes the youth will take the lead in this. For those who were there at the service- you had a glimpse of what is possible. Do you believe that you are meant to function in the supernatural?

Having said this, I believe many of you have more questions than answers. Don't be afraid to ask the questions and keep desiring to find out more. Does anyone have questions about what you saw/experienced over the weekend? Please feel free to ask ok? I may not have all the answers but I can point you to the resources, or ask someone who can answer.

You know, it has always been said of COOS that our "worship is very strong". I believe that it is God's unmerited favour and presence with us. He alone inhabits the praises of His people. As the worship team, how are you stepping up to ensure we're always offering up praise and worship which pleases our Father, and leading the church to do the same?

I'm so very proud of each one of you and truly and passionately believe in you. I could go on and on but I shall save it for the next time we meet as a ministry - exciting days are ahead!

deeply humbled,
jenn

1 comment:

History Maker said...

hey Jenn!

I believe that we'll be strong and courageous! Miracles will happen all over COOS.

We are on battle already. Opposition is coming. Spiritual war. Are we ready for battle?

I pray that we will be strong and courageous.

Be Blessed!