Thursday 21 June 2007

Week 2 in Redding

Dear all,

I'm writing this while sitting in line for the "On Earth as it is in Heaven" conference which starts tonight till Friday. It's in the middle of our school term so the conference is part of our school - 2 in 1! This conference will have speakers like Tommy Tenney, Ray Hughes and Shawn Bolz, and an amazing worship leader and pastor called Lindell Cooley. We've had Lindell for the past 2 days in school leading us in worship and teaching us and words escape me... I can't describe the experience except that it's truly of the Holy Spirit and I'm drenched!

Sitting in line with laptops. The line goes round the sanctuary and the service starts in 2 hours time. How fun.

Yesterday, the moment Lindell sang the first line of his song, it was like electricity ran through my body and I just felt like my heart was going to burst with praise, love, excitement, delirium and I was just enjoying every moment of the Holy Spirit's presence. It was so easy to enter into His presence - it was pure magnetism. Wow... this same access is available for us every day if only we would pay attention to His abiding presence in our lives! It felt like heaven opened and POURED out rain like never before. We all swam in the river and no one wanted to come out and we didn't have to either! Woohoo.....!

Week 2 is just beginning and I must say I'm expecting more and more of Him each day. It's more than the amazing worship times or the inspiring teaching or the fun activities we get to do. All these things are wonderful and I'm enjoying every moment of this mountain-top experience. But the more important thing is God is affirming His works and creation on earth, and I'm a part of that. How awesome to be a child of God.

There is more to come, more to learn. What is God doing in and to my heart? A renewed call to intimacy and out of that, power and authority to speak things on His heart to being. I'm so enjoying this time of rest in Him. Not a passive, do-nothing kind of rest (although that's been nice too :)) but a rest and hope in Him that results in renewed strength as described in Isa 40.

Hey worshippers, don't ever compromise on your standards of obedience to God. Love Him with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. We love because He first loved us.

luv,
jenn

No comments: